Bamboo X-treme – the next generation in sustainable decking
Superior | Durable
Plantation bamboo X-treme decking is an extremely strong, solid, high density bamboo decking plank made from compressed strand-woven bamboo. A special, patented “thermo-density” heat treatment manufacturing process ensures that bamboo X-treme decking is suitable for the harsh New Zealand sun and environment – as it for a wide range of large-scale decking projects around the world (see photos of some projects below).
Bamboo X-treme decking is exceptionally hard and stable, and has been tested for durability (class 1 of EN350 standard – the best possible class available), ensuring maximum performance.
The stability of the product allows for tongue-in-groove end-matching of the decking boards, giving a high quality, snug finish, not possible with less stable products.
The fast growing hardwood alternative
Bamboo X-treme decking is a truly ecological and durable alternative for increasingly scarce tropical hardwood. Our supplier utilises a unique patented process to enhance the hardness, dimensional stability, fire safety and durability of the decking to a level superior to the best tropical hardwood species. This process removes all living micro organisms and sugar, preventing rot and mould.
Research proves that this process is the most effective method (and currently the only efficient solution) to ensure that bamboo is suitable for outdoor applications. No other bamboo decking available utilises this patented process and Plantation is the exclusive supplier of this product in New Zealand.
Bamboo X-treme decking is similar to other hardwoods in grain and structure. The characteristic bamboo nodes can however be recognised, giving the product a unique and appealing look.
The symmetrical shape of the outside surface offers the choice between either a wave or a flat surface (either side can be used). With correct joist set-up, bamboo X-treme decking can be quickly installed using the powder-coated stainless steel clip and screw fixings supplied (no unsightly nails or screws visible). This system saves up to 50% in time and cost of labour to install the decking boards.
Plantation bamboo X-treme is a natural product
- Like any untreated hardwood species when exposed to outdoor conditions, bamboo X-treme will turn grey over time, creating a very natural look.
- The bamboo decking planks have a brown to dark brown colour when installed, which turns into a lighter caramel colour several weeks after installation. Without further maintenance, the colour becomes grey relatively fast (similar to most other wood species).
- If a dark brown colour is preferred, maintenance should be carried out with the Woca oil recommended by Plantation. Please enquire for further details.
- Surface weathering, due to climate conditions, will be more noticeable on the flat side of the decking, compared to the ribbed side. However, bamboo X-treme will not warp, splinter or crack to the extent that most other decking products tend to.
- Plantation bamboo X-treme can vary in colour, grain and appearance.
For pricing, a free quote, info etc:Contact Us Now
Request a free sample
General Product Information – click below for brochures
Planks measure 1850×137 x 20mm and are tongue-in-groove end matched for easy installation. Bamboo X-treme decking is sold in boxes of 5 planks, measuring 1.267sqm per box (weighing 31.7kg), and comes with stainless-steel clips and screws.