Eco-friendly | Stylish
Plantation’s newest addition to the range is Bamboo Elite flooring – a beautiful, natural flooring option made from three layers of bamboo strips in a strong, stable cross ply structure. The top layer is made from “vertical” strips of bamboo laminated together to give a gorgeous, natural bamboo look in “coffee” colour tones.
Bamboo Elite makes for an eco-friendly and stylish timber flooring or laminate flooring alternative – with all the other great benefits that bamboo provides. Why choose bamboo? Click here to find out more.
A wax coating is applied to the edges of the boards during manufacture, so that when the locking system is engaged, the tight join helps prevent water penetration in the event of minor spills.
Bamboo Elite is a little more expensive than the compressed bamboo flooring range. It can be installed as a “floating” floor (over an underlay) or as a “direct fix” glue-down floor. It comes in a low gloss finish with Treffert, (a German water-based polyurethane) applied – making it look very stylish and easy to keep clean.
Like the compressed bamboo flooring range, Bamboo Elite can also be sanded back in the future (ie. in 10-20 years or so, depending on wear) to be re-finished like new again.
For pricing, free quotes and further information, please contact us or request a FREE sample >
Bamboo Elite flooring uses a click-locking installation system that provides a strong yet simple, floating floor installation method (which can be glued/direct fixed also). The boards easily and firmly lock together on all four edges, making installation simple and efficient.
The pre-finished bamboo flooring comes out of the box ready to install, with no unnecessary mess or fumes often associated with on-site finishing, sanding or polishing.
Plantation recommends floating our Bamboo Elite flooring over a waterproof membrane such as Roberts Harmony 3 in 1 Underlay, which is a 100% barrier to any moisture that may be in the sub-floor. The underlay also provides a thermal barrier and has strong sound reduction properties. We sell this in either 9m or 60m rolls (1.02 metres wide).
Longer and wider bamboo boards (1960 x 159 x 15mm) – comes packaged in boxes of 8 boards, measuring 2.493sqm per box (weighing 24kgs). Made from vertical strips of bamboo laminated together across three layers, optimising stability – while providing a natural, durable and stylish floor. Available in coffee colour with a low gloss finish. Stock available now!
- Density (Toplayer): +/- 700 kg/m3
- Top layer thickness / Wear layer: approx. 5 mm
- Shrink/Swell bamboo: 0.14% per 1% change in Moisture Content
- Equilibrium MC: 10% at 20°C and 65% rel. Air Humidity; 8% at 20°C and 50% rel. Air Humidity
- Resistance to Indentation – Brinell Hardness: ≥ 4 kg/mm2 (EN 1534)
- Reaction to fire: Class Cfl-s1 (EN 13501-1)
- Formaldehyde emission: Class E0 (< 0.025 mg/m3) 2) Class E1 (< 0.124 mg/m3, EN 717-1)
- Slip resistance 1): USRV 22 (CEN/TS 15676) / R 10 (DIN 51130)
- Thermal conductivity: 0.17 W/mK (EN 12667)
- Thermal resistance: 0.0882 m2K/W (EN 12667)
- Use Class: Class 1 (EN 335)
- CO2 neutral: LCA report TU Delft (ISO 14040/44) (www.moso.eu/lca)
- Environmental Product Declaration – EPD (EN 15804) (www.moso.eu/epd)
- Contribution LEED BD+C – v4: MR 1, MR 2, MR 3 (FSC®), EQ2 v2009: MR 6, MR 7 (FSC®), IEQ 4.3
- Contribution BREEAM: HEA 2, MAT 1, MAT 3 (FSC®)
- Residential warranty: 25 years
E0 Class is an unofficial formaldehyde emission class, but it is commonly used to indicate that the product has a very low emission, not detectable (n.d.) emission or is produced with No Added Formaldehyde (NAF) glues. E0 products automatically qualify for the official E1 Class according EN 717-1