Bamboo X-treme – the next generation in sustainable decking!
Plantation bamboo X-treme decking is an extremely strong, solid, high density bamboo decking plank made from compressed strand-woven bamboo. A special, patented “thermo-density” heat treatment manufacturing process ensures that bamboo X-treme decking is suitable for the harsh New Zealand sun and environment. It has been used for a wide range of large-scale decking projects around the world (see photos of some projects below).
Superior Quality | Unmatched Durability
Bamboo X-treme decking is exceptionally hard and stable, and has been tested for durability (class 1 of EN350 standard – the best possible class available), ensuring maximum performance.
The stability of the product allows for tongue-in-groove end-matching of the decking boards, giving a high quality, snug finish, not possible with less stable products.
For pricing, free quotes and further information, please contact us or request a FREE sample >
Fastest growing hardwood alternative
Bamboo X-treme decking is a truly ecological and durable alternative for increasingly scarce tropical hardwood. Our supplier utilises a unique patented process to enhance the hardness, dimensional stability, fire safety and durability of the decking to a level superior to the best tropical hardwood species. This process removes all living micro organisms and sugar, preventing rot and mould.
Research proves that this process is the most effective method (and currently the only efficient solution) to ensure that bamboo is suitable for outdoor applications. No other bamboo decking available utilises this patented process and Plantation is the exclusive supplier of this product in New Zealand.
Bamboo X-treme decking is similar to other hardwoods in grain and structure. The characteristic bamboo nodes can however be recognised, giving the product a unique and appealing look.
New – 25 year warranty!
Our dutch supplier and partner is so happy with the proven performance of Bamboo X-treme decking around the world (in all sorts of climatic conditions) that they have increased the product warranty from 10 to 25 years! We all have great confidence in the stability, strength and longevity of Bamboo X-treme to provide such a long structural warranty. See Warranty Bamboo X-treme decking
The symmetrical shape of the outside surface offers the choice between either a wave or a flat surface (either side can be used). With correct joist set-up, bamboo X-treme decking can be quickly installed using the powder-coated stainless steel clip and screw fixings supplied (no unsightly nails or screws visible). This system saves up to 50% in time and cost of labour to install the decking boards. Click here for more information: Installation and Care Instructions Or watch our How to install Bamboo X-treme Decking video.
- Like any untreated hardwood species when exposed to outdoor conditions, bamboo X-treme will turn grey over time, creating a very natural look.
- The bamboo decking planks have a brown to dark brown colour when installed, which turns into a lighter caramel colour several weeks after installation. Without further maintenance, the colour becomes grey relatively fast (similar to most other wood species).
- If a dark brown colour is preferred, maintenance should be carried out with the Woca oil recommended by Plantation. Please enquire for further details.
- Surface weathering, due to climate conditions, will be more noticeable on the flat side of the decking, compared to the ribbed side. However, bamboo X-treme will not warp, splinter or crack to the extent that most other decking products tend to.
- Plantation bamboo X-treme can vary in colour, grain and appearance.
Planks measure 1850×137 x 20mm and are tongue-in-groove end matched for easy installation. Bamboo X-treme decking is sold in boxes of 5 planks, measuring 1.267sqm per box (weighing 31.7kg), and comes with stainless-steel clips and screws.
- Density: +/- 1,150 kg/m3
- Dimensional stability: length: + 0.1%; width + 0.9% (24 hours in water 20°C)
- Resistance to Indentation – Brinell Hardness: ≥ 9.5 kg/mm2 (EN1534)
- Reaction to fire: Class Bfl-s1(EN13501-1)
- Flame Spread Index: Class A (ASTM E84)
- Slip resistance: USRV 55 (Dry),USRV 29 (Wet),(CEN/TS 15676) / R 10 (CEN/TS 16165 Annex B – DIN 51130) (Dry)
- Thermal emittance: 0.81 (ASTM C1371)*
- Solar Reflectance (SR): 32 (ASTM C1549)*
- Solar Reflectance Index (SRI): Low 27, Medium 30, High 33 (ASTM E1980)*
- Modulus of Elasticity: 13565 N/mm2 (mean value – EN 408)
- Breaking strength: 54.4 N/mm2 (characteristic value – EN408)
- Biological durability: Class 1 (EN350 / CEN/TS 15083-2),simulated graveyard test; Class 1 (EN350 / CEN/TS 15083-1)
- Effectiveness against Blue Stain: Class 0 (EN152)
- Use Class: Class 4 (EN335)
- CO2 neutral: LCA report TU Delft (ISO 14040/44) (www.moso.eu/lca)
- Environmental Product Declaration – EPD (EN 15804) (www.moso.eu/epd)
- FSC®: Products available with FSC® certification on request.
- Contribution LEED BD+C – v4: MR1, MR2, MR3 (FSC®), EQ2 v2009: MR6, MR7 (FSC®), IEQ 4.3, IEQ 4.4
- Contribution BREEAM: MAT1, MAT3 (FSC®), MAT5 (HD)
- Warranty: 25 years
*Tested on 3 years weathered Bamboo X-treme decking®