Handling and Care Instructions for Plantation Interior Bamboo Panels
Handling and Storage Instructions.
As a home owner, builder, interior designer or architect we understand you want to work with a reliable company that offers not only a solid product base and great price, but also comprehensive warranties, technical and installation support, manufacturing information and thorough product testing. Plantation is a leader in the field of bamboo building products and is here to assist you with information and support throughout the design and building process.
The following basic steps in handling, storage and finishing are recommended to minimise and avoid some of the problems associated with wood movement:
- Panels should be stored flat on raised runners of equal thicknesss.
- Carry light-weight panels on edge and support horizontally to prevent cracking along the grain.
- Humidity and temperature controls that are capable of maintaining a constant 40 to 60% relative humidity and 18 to 24°C should be installed.
- Extremes of heat and cold should be avoided.
- Panels stored in an uncontrolled environment should be brought into the fabrication area 24 to 48 hours prior to being processed. Again, they should be stacked flat on raised runners of equal thickness. Evenly distributed weighting of the stack will help the panels acclimatize uniformly.
- Sanding by the fabricator prior to finishing is always recommended.
- All exposed panel surfaces should be sealed with a good quality lacquer, oil, polyurethane or other product to provide suitable protection from moisture penetrating the bamboo core.
- Allowance for linear expansion should be incorporated into the design of the product.
- Panel products should not be taken to a job site until the site is completely ready for the product to be installed. The panels should be allowed to acclimatize to the job site before installation.
- Wall panels should not be installed over wet or unfinished drywall.
- Plantation Bamboo panels are for interior use only.
- Inspection of every sheet before using, for uniformity and any defects.